Nationally recognized for over a decade as a Top 10 program in the country, the Ice Den Scottsdale Learn to Skate program provides a fun and structured way for skaters to be physically active and improve their skills. It features the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills program and offers several levels of advancement. Participation in the program enables beginning skaters to learn basic skating skills for recreational enjoyment.dPiepenbrink-McCosh@coyotesice.com
IT'S GREAT TO SKATE
2016 LEARN TO SKATE - FALL PROGRAMS
- Register for all 3 Sessions at the same time & SAVE $30!
- Please also note our late registration policy. Additional fees apply for late registrations.
SESSION #1: TUES. AUGUST 9 – SAT. SEPTEMBER 17
- LEVEL A/P&P = $99
- Register after Aug. 6, 2016 – Late fee of $15.00 applies
SESSION #2: TUES. SEPTEMBER 20 – SAT. OCTOBER 29
- LEVEL A/P&P = $99
- Register after Sept. 17, 2016 – Late fee of $15.00 applies
SESSION #3: TUES. NOVEMBER 1 – SAT. DECEMBER 17*
- LEVEL A/P&P = $99
- Register after Oct. 29, 2016 – Late fee of $15.00 applies
- (*No Classes Nov. 22, 24 or 26 due to Thanksgiving Break)
If applicable, All Participants are required to pay $13.25 mandatory US Figure Skating Fee (Valid July 1, 2016 –June 30, 2017)
Level A / Pre-Hockey / Parent & Pups / Adult-Teen
- Snowplow Sam 1, 2, 3/4 (ages 4-5)
- Basic 1, 2, 3 (ages 6 and up)
- Pre-Hockey 1, 2, 3 (ages 4 and up. All skaters must be able to skate across the ice unattended in hockey skates)
- Parent & Pups – Thursday 5:45pm-6:30pm & Saturday 11:00-11:45am time (drop-in available if class is not sold out, $9 per skater)
- Tuesday: 4:00-4:45 PM
- Thursday: 4:00-4:45 PM
- Thursday: 5:45-6:30 PM
- Saturday: 9:15-10:00 AM ( No PH3 on this class)
- Saturday: 11:00-11:45 AM
QUESTIONS? Call 480-473-5827 or dPiepenbrink-McCosh@coyotesice.com
The Ice Den Scottsdale is proud to offer a new Learn to Skate program exclusively for Homeschool students held weekly on private ice.
- All homeschool classes will be held on Tuesday’s from 11:00 am-12:15 pm starting back up on August 9, 2016.
- Classes will be on a private ice sheet, exclusive to our homeschoolers.
- Package price includes: 1hr and 15min of skating, skate rental, 2 public passes and a 30 min. group lessons.
- The group lesson will be from 11:15 am-11:45 am. You will receive a Learn to Skate booklet to chart your skaters progression.
Upcoming Fall Session Information:
- SESSION #1: Tuesdays: August 9 – September 13, 2016 (8/9, 8/16, 8/23, 8/30, 9/6 & 9/13)
- SESSION #2: Tuesdays: September 20 – October 25, 2016 (9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, & 10/25)
- SESSION #3: Tuesdays: November 1 – December 13, 2016* (11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/29, 12/6 & 12/13) *No class on Nov 22 due to Thanksgiving.
Register ONLINE today
NOTE: Only one discount may apply per family, per session. Once a discount has been issued, no other discount’s maybe granted.
- Please note, discounts cannot be combined. Only one discount may be applied per participant/registration per session.
- No registration penalty fee applies to Ice Café class.
- 25% discount on second class if you register for two or more classes per week.
- 10% discount on second or more immediate family members of equal or lesser value.
- Register a skater for three (3) consecutive Learn to Skate sessions in the same transaction and save $30. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers. Does not apply to May, June or July ExcellerSkate sessions.
Requests for refund consideration must be submitted in writing two (2) weeks prior to the first day of the registered session. A refund, credit or transfer will be approved only in the event of an injury or illness that is accompanied by written confirmation of a doctor within 30 days of illness/injury verifying nature of illness/injury. Please note, there will be a $10 administrative fee assessed to any refunds, credits or transfers awarded. Credits and transfers will expire six (6) months after date of issue
MAKE-UP CLASS POLICY
No Make-Up classes will be offered. In the event of an absence, two (2) public skating passes will be given. This is a one (1) time compensation per session. Public skating passes have no expiration date.
- Helmets (bicycle helmets are acceptable, aerodynamic models not recommended)
- Warm-up suit
- Light to medium weight socks (1 pair only)
- Long sleeves and long pants
- Mandatory Hockey Helmet with a full cage and hockey skates(rentals OK), (Pre Hockey 1)
- Mandatory Hockey Helmet with a full cage and hockey skates(rentals OK) and hockey gloves - (Pre Hockey)
- Mandatory Hockey Helmet with a full cage and hockey skates(rentals OK), hockey gloves, hockey stick and hockey pants (Breezers) - (Pre Hockey 3).
- Ice Cafe and Adult/Teen participants: long sleeves, pants , helmet or knit cap and wrist guards.
- Basic 4 – Advanced Pre- Preliminary skating attire required. No jeans. Long hair must be pulled back in a ponytail or a bun.
Rink temperature stays at approximately 52° year round.
PRIVATE "BOOSTER" LESSONS
Looking to enhance your learning experience? Sign up to schedule a private lesson with one of our valued instructors.
These lessons are a great way to help your skater focus and work on skills that are more difficult to achieve and enhances the skills the already know. It also gives the skater a more structured, yet fun, additional practice time.
Lessons are primarily scheduled during our public skating sessions, which are held:
- Friday from 11:45-1:45 pm, Saturday from 12:00-2:00pm or Sunday from 1:30-3:30pm.
- During the summer months, public sessions are held on weekdays. Please click on the Public Skating site, to see the weekly skate times.
Lessons need to be scheduled a minimum 7 days in advance.
NEWS, EVENTS & CLASSES
LEARN TO SKATE PROGRAMS
ICE SKATING BLOG
All programs must be paid in full at time of registration. Ice Den reserves the right to reschedule, change, or cancel a program due to uncontrollable circumstances. Ice Den reserves the right to revoke participant and future registration in any program offered at this facility.
Do not wait until the session is over to re-register for the next session. We do not hold spots for program participants. Sign up for the skater's current level and we will automatically update after evaluation week.